Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A library...how fancy

We have a little nook upstairs and we weren't sure what to do with it. Office? Sitting area? Expand the bathroom? Then my friend Sylke suggested a library. Excellent idea! We have 8 billion kids books and now that the playroom is downstairs and bedrooms up I wasn't sure where to put them.

I'l thinking some wall display shelves like these, I will change out the displayed books each week. Like they do at the public library
via Anna White

Have you Been to Anna White's site before? AWE-SOME. I have a billion things I want to build. And by me I mean G.

Then we need a comfy place to sit and read. Loving any of these from ikea


Gonna need a plush rug for floor reading. These are all from overstock.com



I know everything's looking pretty neutral and grey but the BOOKS will be the colour and the art. There are so many beautifully illustrated children's books....



Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney

The Balloon Tree by Phoebe Gilman

Anything by Eric Carle



1 comment:

  1. I think the library is an incredible idea! What a cute use of a little nook space. And your ideas for the area are fabulous- can't wait to see it progress!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind! Also if you are so inclined please follow me.