After a week of hard labour we now have flooring in the entire downstairs: living room, dining room, family room, playroom, hallways, bathroom, master bedroom. We (G and father) just need to add moldings. NO MORE CONCRETE!!!
Here is the family room overhead view
Before: Dirty nasty beige barf
Wait until you see what we have planned for the fireplace!
We have been slowly pecking away at the playroom. Which started out look like this.....
I would say it’s about 90% complete. Most of the work left is decorating and prettifying (that’s a real word, spell check didn’t flag it. And spell check KNOWS). I don’t have a reveal yet but I will show some projects we’ve done and an in progress shot.
Art Display Area
Two cork boards from a garage sale ($1 each). Left over pink craft paint. I had planned on covering the cork with fabric but I realized it would be covered with drawings and photos so I saved myself the hassle and just painted it.
The only item I bought for this was a clothing rail (the lower one). Everything else we already owned.We have a full length children’s mirror from ikea that is mounted on the other side of the closet. No picture of that because there is also a giant cardboard box of stuffed animal. Practical but not pretty.
Wall Gallery. $2 Ikea frames. Prints from oohmoon.com
And here is the in progress shot. This doesn’t show the whole room. I also have a large bookshelf, two recliners, the dress up area, and much more but it gives you an idea of how much more AWESOME PRETTY PINK BRIGHT FUN "COOOOLLLLLLL MAMA" it is.
My kitchen has white cupboards (woot woot!) but it also has a white backsplash with FUGLY forest green accents and white laminate counters. They matched the green floral striped wallpaper we ripped out before moving in. New countertops and backsplash aren't in our budget right now so we are working with what we got. I was googling ways to paint tile when I came across these super slick aluminum tiles.
The come with a padded double sided tape but I also added some adhesive.
They only had one size and it wasn't 3" like my evergreen beauties so I changed the pattern. Just stuck them right over the existing tile.
BAM! They aren't bent that's just my mad foto skillz. They aren't 4" so they don't line up perfectly with the white tiles. But anything is better than green. Especially when that anything only costs $20
They are super easy to cut for places like outlets. I used my kids scissors cause I was to lazy to go upstairs and get mine.
Next up hardware on the cabinets!
Disclaimer: I take all my pictures at night and they suck.
I have been trying to stencil flowers in my girls' room. Its not the quality of the stencil thats the problem. Its my paitn colour (a raspberry that require BILLIONS of coats), my textured walls, and probably my technique. Here's whats been going on.
I followed all the directions:
I have 8 flowers done....16-20 to go. Stenciling has been added to the same list as wallpaper and vinyl flooring.
I have busy busy stenciling the wall in my girls' bedroom. Fact: Stenciling textured walls sucks. So distract myself I drew up some artwork. All my plans to be gender neutral went out the door years ago when V became obsessed with princess-pink-glitter-fairy-purple-ponies-makeup. Which is okay because I like my ultra girly household with pink christmas ornaments and the majority of people peeing sitting down.