Thursday, May 26, 2011

Goodbye Green

My kitchen has white cupboards (woot woot!) but it also has a white backsplash with FUGLY forest green accents and white laminate counters. They matched the green floral striped wallpaper we ripped out before moving in. New countertops and backsplash aren't in our budget right now so we are working with what we got. I was googling ways to paint tile when I came across these super slick aluminum tiles.


The come with a padded double sided tape but I also added some adhesive.


They only had one size and it wasn't 3" like my evergreen beauties so I changed the pattern. Just stuck them right over the existing tile.


BAM! They aren't bent that's just my mad foto skillz. They aren't 4" so they don't line up perfectly with the white tiles. But anything is better than green. Especially when that anything only costs $20
They are super easy to cut for places like outlets. I used my kids scissors cause I was to lazy to go upstairs and get mine.

BEFORE

AFTER

Next up hardware on the cabinets!

Disclaimer: I take all my pictures at night and they suck. 

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I think this looks great! Such a good solution - you can't reno everything all at once, and this look will keep your kitchen nice for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind! Also if you are so inclined please follow me.