Monday, April 4, 2011

Front Yard

Our front yard is basically a patchy weed garden. It has good bones: several trees and some good sized flower beds. But it looks like a balding dude who refusing to shave his head.

Human version of my yard
source

I haven’t finished my yard makeover yet but here is a sneak peak at one of my projects. Before (okay not a real before, I got excited and planted before taking the picture)

After
 

The plants will fill out and get about 8” high. Don’t ask me what they are because I TOTALLY FORGET, if you know please tell me! They look kind of like coleus but they are good for sun. They have pink and white variegated leaves. I’m loving this mini project because it has such a big impact for such a  low price.

Bedding plants: $5.99/24 pk  (8/tree)
Mulch: $3.33/bag (1/2 bag/tree)
Rocks: FREE
Total Cost/Tree: $3.66

2 comments:

Speak your mind! Also if you are so inclined please follow me.