Friday, April 1, 2011

Fail

The half bath walls were in pretty rough shape after we removed the wall paper. Lots of pitting and bumps and yuck. They were partially primed. Some joints were filled, others were not. The wallpaper was installed before the door frames, sink, etc were caulked in (MOTHER EFFER that stuff was hard to get off!).


My walls looks like Mickey Rourke's face.

So I decided to do it the easy way and texturize the walls using this.

It says it covers 110 sq feet. It LIES. Or maybe I got a defective can. I used medium spray and it covered maybe 4 sqft. At that rate I would have to spend $100 texturizing the walls. I'm cheaper than I am lazy so I got my giant bucket of drywall mud, my sand paper and went to work. Filling, sanding, filling, sanding, filling, sanding. The result, smooth as a baby's butt. Okay not really but it looks pretty good.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! Also if you are so inclined please follow me.